Monday, September 15, 2008
reading n writin n tellin
During my primary six days, I was the top reader of my class. I read more den 600 books for the entire year. The teacher gave us a paper and told us to record whatever we read inside. The person getting the second position read abt 300 books. The third person read abt 200 plus books. U c the differences?During my secondary sch days, I was awarded the top reader badge for twice in the year. That badge was only given for a year only. To encourage ppl to read. The sch library oso organise ativities to get ppl to read. I remembered at the end of the yr, the library will tally up individual classes' results - The library will go check their records of individual classes that have borrow library books. My class was in the third position, ya due to my impressive records. My class managed to get a box og chocolates? Hahah. I have checked the results myself. For my class's achievement for the library books borrowed, 85% of the books were borrowed by mi alone.
Now, I still like to go to libraries to borrow books to read every now n den.
Reading builds up my imagination. It requires a lot of thinking to think abt wat the author describe.
Reading is wat led to my writing.
It has been years since I wrote anything. Ever since 'O' levels. So now, mayb it's time to continue wat was my interest all these years. These 2 short stories might b juz the beginning. There are ideas in my head that wan to come out but den I am lazy to write. Well, during my secondary sch days, I told a series of ghost stories. I was so pleased wif my first ghost story. I was telling my SJAB friends in the SJAB room. That day was oso dark and stormy. Make the prefect atmosphere for a ghost story. Haha.
The ghost story that I told was of cos a fake one la. Haha. I remembered I was thinkin of how to tell the story while talkin. It was rather difficult for mi. At least that fake story managed to scare a friend of mine who don dare to use her toilet in her house for a nite. She thought my story was true. Haha..... At least I make a person scared for my ghost stories. I never did complete my series of 7 ghost stories. I only told 3. I bumped into a sec sch friend recently and she was tokin on the days of my story telling. She urged mi to continue to write abt the incompleted ghost stories and sent to her by email. Haha.
But I shall c how ba....

