Saturday, September 5, 2009
Poly chalet
Well, I juz came back from the 3 days 2 nites poly class chalet. I haven’t been to a chalet ever since 2007 for the last ITE chalet. Even though this time round, the people who went for the chalet wasn’t a lot but we had fun moments together playing.Most of them stayed throughout the chalet except for a few who had to leave early.
Michelle (leave after BBQ)
Darryl (leave on 2nd day morning)
Sam (leave on 2nd day morning)
Fion (leave on 2nd day nite)
Geraldine (leave on 3rd day 0630)
Wesley (leave on 3rd day 9am)
Wee Kiong (leave on 3rd day 10am)
Ran Lin
Peng Heen
Carmen
Amelia
Jun Jer
Let mi summarized abt some major events during the chalet.
BBQ
This was our 1st time having a BBQ and we had a long time setting up the fire but thanks to a aunty who gave us some advices, we were able to get the BBQ started.
I remembered the first round, the chicken wings were really badly burned. I never ate a lot for the BBQ, 3 hot dogs, 5 satays, 1 chicken wing and 2 mashmallows. I think the BBQ really ended too soon cos after I came back after fetching Darryl, I was quite surprised to find they had ended BBQ. In fact a lot of raw food was left uncooked. PH bought most of the raw food back home on the 3rd day.
Drinking Game
This was the only 1 game where everybody played after the BBQ except Michelle who left ard 10pm. Initially, I never wanted to play cos I am not the type who liked to drink but due to pressure from Wesley, I had no choice but to accept. The poker cards were used with some rules representing certain cards.
A- Set a rule
2- Toilet card
3- Rhyming card
4- Same as above
5- Question card
6- Same as above
7- 7 up card
8- Maid card
9- Challenge card
10- Everyone drink
J- U drink
Q- Gals drink
K- Guys drink
The cards were scattered ard facing down, we sat in a circle, taking turn taking a card each, following the individual card’s action.
During the game, there were some unforgettable moments, when Ph draw a Ace card, he set a rule of saying a Chinese idiom before taking poker cards. When it was Darryl’s turn, he mumbled out “ Yu Pian Mi Fen (aka fish bee hoon)” We really burst out laughing. Luckily, there’s no rule like can’t laugh or else everyone will drink.
There was this time where I draw a 5 or 6 card, I set a question of naming mediacorp dramas, when it was Wesley’s turn, he gave “Zhen Qing (aka A kindred spirit)” as a answer but that drama was TVB’s. He wasn’t listening to mi when I gave out the question but we were really laughing when he gave that answer.
Sam was sabo during the game, actually in the 1st place they wanted to sabo JJ but I don’t know why the target was shifted to Sam instead, maybe becos he made a lot of ppl laughed when the no laughing rule was set, he made lots of funny faces n made lots of ppl drink cos they laughed. He needed to go to the toilet but he never had the luck to draw a 2 card n they purposely pause the games when the ppl who had the 2 card went to the toilet one after one. Haha.
I also made a lot of ppl laugh when I draw the rhyming card after RL who set a rule of saying Cantonese during the game. I really hesitated quite a while as I don’t know the rhyming must be in English or Cantonese. Most of them laugh out loud when they saw my face, they must have thought I don’t know how to speak Cantonese.
Overall, I quite enjoyed this game as we shared laughter and joy, strengthening our bonds with one another. Thanks Wesley, for insisting that I played.
I think most of us really enjoyed ourselves in the chalet, playing Mario games, fighting games, card games n more. We shared many laughter during the chalet, listening to RL’s story, going to 85 on the 2nd nite to eat n others. A lot of topics were talked upon but I won’t mentioned whatever I heard. Chalet was a time to gether ard n played so sleeping wasn’t ready allowed but RL n Wesley slept the most. I felt quite sad when the 3rd day came but all things will come to an end eventually. Thanks to Ph, Carmen, Fion for nt asking the question that I don’t want to answer.
To those who never turned out, U really lose out by not coming. We had a good time bonding with one another by playing n chatting. Thanks to Geraldine who made the booking. Now, I really hope that we’ll have another chalet again……

