carebear skin, by ER

Saturday, April 5, 2008
LSCT FOC

Well, I had my doubts abt this camp as SU FOC wasn't exactly fun for me. I thought of not going but still I have to attend the safety briefing organised by the LSCT. In the end I still packed my bag up. If it's not gd, I shall request to go home. I reached NP late, Jackie and Fanny had already went in without me. After signing my attendance, I went into the lecture hall to find Jackie and Fanny. I found them and we went through the briefing. After that the Group Leaders(GLs) of LSCT took us in different grps to tour ard the sch. (again? How many tours do I need?) After the briefing, The GLs Qi Xian and Shandy were very friendly. Fanny kept teasing Shandy during the tour. After the tour, we had a light refreshment after that Jackie and Fanny left. I felt lonely again.

Not a lot of ppl signed up for this camp, Shandy asked me to sit in front and get to know more ppl. I wasn't the type that was very out-going but I still moved to the front. Well, I sat beside 2 guys who seems very friendly with each other. One introduced himself to me that he was Darryl, the other was Ran Lin. Both were from BMS but I got nothing much to talk to them oso partly the SU FOC was a bad experience for me.
Shortly, we were being led to the sports hall (the same place where I slept during the SU FOC.) I was sent to the group HONOS. To my surprise, Darryl was in the same grp as me. There were 8 grps for the camp. Each grp was given a space to sleep in. Not like SU FOC, where the boys was on the left, gals on the right.


Initially, there were 23 ppl in my grp but 2 of them were actually AGL. They had already garduated from NP. They were ex-students. So it end up wif 21 freshies. That's wat we were called. New birds joining the poly. 9 0f them from BMS (Hani, Darryl, Shilin(potato), Garrett, Nisa, Shawn, Tsuraiya, Grace and me), 3 from MBIO (Zoe, Michelle, Sinthu), 4 from HLM (Sharon, Dickson, Renee and Wilson), 3 from CBE (Andrew, Brenda and Kah Pin) and 2 from PHARM (William and Wenliang). We learned our HONOS oei. (For Glory, For Honour, For Justice). \m/


The first programe we had was a dirty game. We had to blow up balloons, formed a circle and put balloon in between us, leg tied and walked to the next stage where we had to finish 2 watermelons. William threw it on the ground where it crack opened. we had to finish eating the watermelon before proceeding to the next part. To carry 4 persons using hand lift. We oso played a memory game trying to guess the correct fruits before proceeding to crawl through a carvans where it had been rubbed with planta, tomatoes. To make it worse, while we were crawling, the GLs started to throw water bombs, mud bombs on us. I was drenched. Shawn never took part in this game and soon he went home after the game as he is unwell. We had dinner in our dirty clothing. It was cold also, after dinner we had station games. The aim of the station games was to collect waterbags for the up coming bombing games. We had a silence game at the FMS blk where we were separated into 2 grps to find water bags. Near LT 58, I was paired up wif Tsuraiya, she tied her hand to my leg. we had to go in a maze to burn off the string holding the waterbags. We sort of cheat as we burnt more den we were allowed to. We also had a spiderweb game near LT 22 versus another grp to take the waterbags. Near the science blk, we had a scrabble games. We only managed to form 6 words while the other grp form like twelve words. haha.

Finally, the showdown, initially we were told to versus grp by grp but in the end it was the freshies against the GLs. They had prepared 10k waterbombs. How on earth can we win? Anyway, We lost... haha... We walked back to the sports hall. While the grp were sent one by one to showers. I think we were the last grp to shower. Going in the toilet again but this time was not so crowded. William, Garrett, Wilson n me use the biggest shower. After showering, den it's time to sleep. The gals slept at the left while the boys slept at the right side. I slept at a corner this time and i was the last in line, I had a better sleep this time round. Wilson was beside me and Darryl beside him.

Woke up abt seven am the next day, I was feeling rather tired, it seems to me Wilson never slept much on the first night as well. Anyway, I oso dunno how to start a converstation wif him oso. I waited for a while, saw Darryl waking up and the 3 of us went to brush our teeth. We had games in the morning, at the sports stadium. It was quite hot as well. We were told to line up in a straight line, boy, gal, boy, gal, I was standing rather behind. Brenda was standing in front of me, Grace was standing behind me. Wilson was in front of Brenda. After Grace, was Hani and Tsuraiya. We had to hold a toothpick wif our mouth and to pass rubber bands from one to one. Anyway, we cheated a lot as the wind was quite strong. Some of the rubber bands dropped, Sharon juz picked up and passed to Hani. The next game was the chocky stick, we had to pass the chocky stick mouth to mouth again. This time the objective was to make the shortest stick ever. Well, the front ppl sabo the back people. I almost touch Brenda's lips when it was her turn to pass me. Grace oso when I passed to her but we soon had our reverage when they passed another chocky stick from behind to the front. Haha, Serves those right who sabo us.

We oso played the money game where pieces of paper of money amount was stick to the back. I was 5 cents. I'm only worth 5 cents. Sad... Anyway, when the GL say he wanted $ 2.30 cents. Ppl have to gather and form the exact amount. Most of the Honos ppl were small amount de. Only Sinthu was worth a dollar. The first time we didn't make the amount as requested, so we were being punished to do the banana dance but it was ok as it was a big group that got punished. Haha. We oso played the evolve game. the procedure was everyone start wif egg, when 2 egs meet, they had to do a scissor paper stone. the winner will evolve to the next stage. Egg, chick, chicken, phoenix, Demi-god, immortal, god. It was really difficult to reach the stage of god but i manage it To become god, one must reach the position of immortal first, den the person have to challenge 3 Gls,after winning all 3, den he will b god. There are only abt 10 gods and 4 come from Honos! Anyway, the winners are so called being punished.... hahaha. do the chicken dance which i anyhow do. I don't think anyone care oso. Andrew left after lunch as he is going to Malaysia the next day.

In the afternoon, we had station games again. The first game we played was captain ball, but u had to played it sitting down. There was a mat but it was spreaded wif greasy stuffs planta.... tomatoes, flours, Anyway, it's a dirty game... I really don wanna played but no choice. Haiz, when we finished playing. i felt so greasy lor n Mr. Sun was so hot. I could feel my hand was being cooked. Flour on my hair. Yucks. Anyway, the next station we went to is the shooting stars. It was even worse den the captain ball. We had to try catch waterbombs thrown from 2nd storey. I paired up wif Wenliang. It was a totally mess. Most of the waterbombs couldn't be caught. It burst on the muddy floor. The mud splashed onto our shirts, pants. It was very dirty lor. After that, we were being made to sit on the muddy ground. Gross lol, i always hated mud. Anyway, after this game, Brenda had knee-locked and she went home.

3rd station was at the science blk, invisible maze. it was like a 8 by 8 square, when you had to find the invisible path set by the Gls. Of coz, if u stepped wronly, you will be splashed by a mixture of lemon tea, soya sauce, flour and water, after that you have to go over to a box where it's full of flour, you have to use your and try dig for gummy bears. The purpose was to make your face white only... We finished the station early, and went to next station. We were being made to cheer loudly, cheer so loudly till the army personal from the camp next to NP can hear us. Soon the next group arrived and we started the station. The purpose was to fill up a pipe so that the ping pong balls below can float to the top. Sounds easy? nope, the pipe was full of holes. I went wif Wilson and Garrett(i think so). We went looking ard for extra bin bags while the others tried to fill the pipe up. In the end we never finish the game as it was stopped due to the thunder storm rain.

We were kinda lucky in a way cos we won't be able to play the dirtest game of all. something to do wif earthworms I think. Haha, We went back to the sports halls. Where we played the blindfold games. Before that, we were given free cans of red bull by i dunno who. haha. during this time, i felt a strain on my right leg. I had to walk slowly. While playing, we were made to stand in a straight line. i was the second last. Darryl was behind me while Wilson was in front of me. While going through the station blind-fold, we were sabo by ppl who use marker to write stuffs on our hands and legs. I was lucky in a way as my marks wasn't a lot. Darryl was the worst of all. When i took off my blinds, i saw that those who sabo us were none other den our teammates. =.=" Our last station of the day was the Fried Kway Teow. The game that I had the deepest impression of, ya until now. There was a mat spread on the floor and it was spread wif planta, tomato sauce, flour again. We need to lay on the mat and formed a human pyramid. I was at the bottom. =.=" I remembered Wilson was lying on top of me. I dunno who was on top of him. Anyway, I felt very squashed. The Gls was throwing flours at us. Darryl never played this game. We took a photo after that.

After the station games, we had a quick dinner and went for showers again. after that we went to prepare our skit which we had to perform on the night. Throughout the station games, whenever we had time, the group will discuss. While waiting for the game to start, we played some games in our sleeping area like pepsi cola 1 2 3, blindfold catching and others. At night, we were asked to gather together and formed a straight line group by group to play the passing of message. No matter how, the message was always passed wrongly. At last the grand performance! The GLs performance was really awesome... Especially hong wei and 3 other guys Gls performance. Their performance was so good till everybody asked for an encore. They were real sporting to perform again. I don't think i'll ever perform a dance like that. Haha. Throughout the performance we have idoits who trampled on our sleeping area with shoes on.... Sianz, do they know that's our sleeping area. Lucky my place was very far behind, i don't think my area would b dirty. Hehe. We also had the mascot contest! that is to dress up someone to resemble the figure in the flag... we sabo Dickson!!! woot.... in the end he seriously look like Honos himself. haha. with the xD in the face. Ps, the white shirt was mine.



Now the skit for the Honos:

Every Hero have a good beginning, for Honos, his story is different, not exactly the same, different:

Starring:
Potato as Zi Wei
Garette as Hong Wei
William as..... Anthonio~Potato~Toma~Toe~
Hani, Tsuraiya and Nisa as stall sellers
Wen Liang and Grace as passer-bys
Wilson, Sinthu and me as students of Hong Wei
Darryl as Camera-man
Sharon as Reporter
Kah Ping and Michelle as Models
Dickson as Story-teller
Zoe and Renee I forgot wat they acted..

The story starts at a place far far away, at a time long long ago
Anthonio was supposed to be the artist for the Honos flag, he feinted sick as he's lazy, in the end just drew it out.... without the face since he sucks at it...
then he thinks it looks too ugly then he thought to himself:" if my art teacher was here, he will give this art a cross to me face, and he's so cruel that he will grade me with a 'D'"
hence our flag was borned, with a xD for a face
and for the group name, we called a HOMO then he walked out and say I'm a HO-NO.
lame story, credits to Dickson!~

then we had the other groups... all skits... Boring oso... well, Bunyip had a different one, they had a fashion show instead. We had mass cheering and dancing! Well, the Gls had problems wif the equipment and instead of dance, we cheers. Here are some of the cheers we have learnt: Yan Dao Chio Bu, Peace by the River, MM NN goes a little green frog, the FOC dance. The GLs were doing a Banga Banga Skit with all kinds of moods.. During this time, Michelle and some gals were drawing their hands wif marker. They wrote HONOS on everybody's hand. I oso got Indiana Jones written on my hand, Wilson got pretty boy written. Haha :þ

After that was the night walk... The waiting time was really long, I nearly dozed off while waiting for my turn. I was the second last of the Honos grp. Wenliang was the last. I think Wilson was before me. While walking through the building again, i totally had no feelings as I think I was too tired liao. The walk was quite long. As usual Gls was waiting for us in some dark corner to scare us. Haha. I walked from 8th floor and made my way down. After the night walk, I slept for abt 2 hours. I went wif Wilson to brush teeth. After that it was the mass cheers again... we packed and moved over to LT 20. During award presentation.. Honos got the Most Sporty Group. Dickson was being saboed again. As you can c from the photo.



We played lots of stupid games, like sending a represent wif the longest ....After sending Tsuraiya, We found that they wanted the longest name. We played the hairest, the biggest and some others. The GLs then played many sad songs... The last things they did was to tied everybody wif a string. My left side was Qi Xian, Right side was Hong Wei. After everything, we then had the flag signing... To symbolise that We had build our bonds and hope that the HONOS spirits will always be there! No matter wat, those days of foc, i won't forget de.



Wenliang, Wilson, Darryl, me, Garett, William, Dickson,Shilin, Kah Pin, Michelle, Sharon n a fren went to canteen 1 to eat lunch. After that, Nisa, Renee and Grace joined us, we sat down and chatted alot. After that, Nisa, Wilson and I headed home together since we lived in the same area.

I made new frens during this time round. this camp was better den the SU FOC. Even till now, I still do think back of the days I spent in LSCT FOC. Best of all, i get to know lots of friends wif a special one from this camp. I don't regret joining it.

Yesterday brought the beginning

Tomorrow brings the end

but somewhere in the middle

we have become best of friends.

LSCT FOC 08/09 ROX!!!!

Labels:



canthisbeuse on 10:10 PM